|  Français Advanced Search | Text size: + - R 

About the AMF Register Media Centre A Career at the AMF Contact us
RSS Feeds Follow l'Autorité on Twitter Follow l'Autorité on Facebook Follow l'Autorité on LinkedIn
Follow us
  •  | Print

Insurance sold by lenders and merchants

When you apply for automobile financing or a mortgage on a home, or when you purchase certain goods and services such as a trip, the lender or merchant may offer:

  • life, health and loss of employment insurance on your loan;
  • travel insurance (generally offered by travel agencies);
  • replacement insurance (available in particular through automobile dealers).

Specific rules govern the sale of these types of insurance. The lender or merchant, who is then called the distributor, does not need to be a representative certified by the AMF.

For more information, download the brochure in PDF format.