A Career at the AMF
Established in 2004, the AMF now has close to 600 employees in Montréal and Québec City, where its head office is located. Thanks to the professionalism and commitment of all its employees, the AMF fulfills its mission to Québec consumers of financial products and services and the financial markets. More specifically, the AMF’s mission is to:
- provide assistance to consumers of financial products and services;
- ensure that financial institutions and other regulated entities of the financial sector comply with the solvency standards applicable to them as well as with the obligations imposed on them by law;
- supervise the activities connected with the distribution of financial products and services;
- supervise stock market and clearing house activities and monitor the securities market;
- supervise derivatives markets, including derivatives exchanges and clearing houses and ensure that regulated entities and other derivatives market practitioners comply with the obligations imposed by law;
- see to the implementation of protection and compensation programs for consumers of financial products and services and administer the compensation funds set up by law.
Two business locations
The AMF’s head office in Québec City is located in the Tour Cominar, Place de la Cité, in the borough of Sainte-Foy – Sillery – Cap-Rouge. It is near major roadways, thereby facilitating travel in and around metropolitan Québec City.
The AMF’s Montréal office in the Exchange Tower at Place Victoria is strategically positioned in the heart of the city’s business district. It is easily accessible by public transit and is conveniently linked to Montréal’s underground network.
Rewarding professional challenges
Given its important role in the Québec financial community, the AMF offers numerous career opportunities and unparalleled professional challenges. As a world-class regulator, the AMF draws on a team of professional, dynamic and innovative employees.
In a 2008 organization survey, 91% of AMF employees said that they were satisfied or very satisfied with their employment. The aspects most valued were type of work, challenges, mutual respect, a sense of teamwork and working conditions. 91% of employees said that they were proud to work at the AMF and 84% said that they would readily recommend the AMF as an employer to their friends.
Staff turnover is an indicator of workplace conditions and employee satisfaction. The rate at the AMF (adjusted for resignations) has fallen by nearly 40% over the past three years and is one of the lowest rates in the financial and insurance sector in Canada.